This one day workshop aims to inform parents, teachers and other related professionals on the immediate, medium term and long term risks from over-sharing children’s photos, videos and other private information on social media. The presentation will discuss issues that include:
- Introduction to social media
- Privacy online.
- Location focused social media
- Geo tagging
- Checking in
- The case of “Profile Engine”.
- Remove me from Google (and other search engines)
- Cyber bullying and Cyber stalking. How predators get hold of your child’s data.
- How easy is it to be hacked? Malware threats
- How easy is it to be hacked? The human factor (social engineering)
- Security: Simple engineering is good engineering
- Common sense
This presentation will include case studies, small group exercises and assessment of social media platforms.
Target group: Parents, teachers, classroom assistants, government (education)
If you are interested in this course, please enter your details here: