In collaboration with The Data Lab and Hutchinson Networks, this training course provides coverage of data analysis in health, crime and social care. It aims to cover the key data analysis areas of capture, analysis and presentation, with a full coverage of how advanced analytics can be used to covert data into useful information.
This course will use Python, Pandas, Plotly and Machine Learning, and contain a wide range of datasets which are analysed for the presentation of evidence. This includes a range of charting methods which make sense of large-scale datasets.
Along with the masterclass will show how machine learning can be used to train computers to learn complex relationships. While the focus will be on health, crime and social care, it is also relevant to anyone who wants to learn about data analysis and presentation, and will provide hands-on experience in machine learning methods.
- Personalised Cloud-based training environment which will stay active for several weeks after the masterclass, allowing you to continue your training a personalised environment.
- Full hands-on experience within tutorial sessions using real-life health, crime and social care data.
- Coverage of the statistical methods used within correlation and linear registration.
- Coverage of the processing required to coverage data into interactive charts, including scatter plots, coloured dot plots, and bubble plots.
- Coverage of a range of real-life machine learning methods.
- Group work and hands-on tutorials on the creation of findings within real-life datasets.
- An Edinburgh Napier University/The Cyber Academy certificate for successful completion of the Masterclass.
- Full on-line tutorials, videos and on-line tests.
- Presented by Prof Bill Buchanan, an international expert within areas of data analysis of cyber security, and health and social care.
Date: 1-4pm, 28 November 2016
Cost: This workshop is free.
Place: The Glassroom, Merchiston Campus, Edinburgh
Book your place [here]:
This is a joint Cyber Academy, The Data Lab and Hutchinson Networks training event. Hutchinson Networks are providing a full virtualised environment using a state-of-the-art SDN (Software Defined Networks) infrastructure.