[Home] The International conference will start at 9:15am, with refreshments available form 8:45am.
||Lindsay Stewart Theatre
||PGCS Symposium Room 2/05|
|09.15-09.30||Welcome and Opening Address, Steven Wilson, Head of Europol’s European Cybercrime Centre (EC3)|
|09.30-10.00||Conference Keynote Address: Swimming in the Tsunami of Data – “think like the bad guy” – Industry Trends and disrupting the adversary, Tim Grieveson, Chief Cyber & Security Strategist, EMEA, Hewlett Packard Enterprise|
|10.00-10.30||Bare Metal Forensics, Douglas Carson, Solutions Consultant, Keysight Technologies||Cyber Security, Eamonn Keane, Detective Inspector Cybercrime Unit, Police Scotland||Big Data: Machine Learning, Heuristic Methods and the Future of Cybersecurity in HPC Environments, Dr. Matthew Craven – Plymouth University|
|10.30-11.00||Big Data Analytics and Innovation, Simon Arnell, Chief Technologist, Security Services, HPE
||Security Analytics, Ben Fountain, Senior Consultant, NCC Group||Incident Response, Vincent Lamb – IT Security Training Ltd|
|11.00-11.30: Coffee (Foyer)|
|11.30-12.00||Big Data Analysis in Data Loss, Dr Jamie Graves, CEO, ZoneFox||Security Operations in Financial Services, Stephen Livingston, Security Operations, Lloyds Banking
||Session 1 (see below)|
|12.00-12.30||Large-scale Log Analysis, David Stubley, 7elements.||Data Protection & Privacy, Peter Ridley, UKI Practice Leader, Data Protection and Privacy Practice, HPE
||Session 2 (see below)|
|12:30-13.30: Lunch (Chapel and Rivers Suite)|
|13.30-14.00||Large-scale digital forensics, Ian Rainsborough, Guidance Software||Overview of Data Lab, Brian Hills, Head of Data, The Data Lab
||Mobile Authentication, Dr. Ron Poet – University of Glasgow|
|14.00-14.30||Splunk User Behavioural Analytics – Machine Learning for Threat Detection, Harry McLaren, Security Consultant, ECS||Cyber Security, Stephen Hampton, Chief Technology Officer, Hutchinson Networks||Intelligent IDS, Dr. Naghmeh Moradpoor, Edinburgh Napier University
Session 3 (see below)
|14.30-15.00||Big data the next generation of cyber security, James Kwaan. ISACA||Education Through Gamification, Jason McClay, Operations Director, G2G3||Session 4 (see below)|
|15.00-15.30 Coffee (Foyer)|
|15.30-15.50||Early Warning Systems fueled by Big Data, Rashmi Knowles, RSA, The Security Division of EMC|
|15.50-16.10||Closing Address: Michael J. Driscoll, Office of the Legal Attaché, FBI, Embassy of the United States of America|
|16:10-16.30||Q & A Panel|
Capture The Flag
A parallel Capture The Flag Event will take place during the day.
Research Session 1/2:
- Investigation of Virtual Network Isolation Security in Cloud Computing: Data Leakage, Haifa Al Nasseri and Ishbel Duncan, St. Andrew University.
- DNS in Botnets and Advanced Persistent Threats, Peter Mclaren, Dr Gordon Russell and Prof Bill Buchanan, Edinburgh Napier University.
- Security Onion: Functionality and Features, Ross Heenan and Naghmeh Moradpoor, Abertay University and Edinburgh Napier University.
Research Session 3/4:
- Very Large Scale Digital Forensics (VLSDF), Vassilios Manoussos, Strathclyde Forensics
- TCloud: Availability at Zero Downtime, Elochukwu Ukwandu, Prof Bill Buchanan and Dr Gordon Russell, Edinburgh Napier University
- A Survey of Intrusion Detection System technologies, Ross Heenan and Naghmeh Moradpoor, Abertay University and Edinburgh Napier University.
- CyberSecurity for the Unbanked, Stephen Ambore, Christopher Richardson, Huseyin Dogan, Edward Apeh and David Osselton, Bournemouth University.
The bios are here Conference Speakers
The bios are here PGCS-symposium Speakers
Principal sponsor of the Conference