This course is available for free of charge to Scottish Government/ public sector employees. Please register for only one of the training course dates:
If you are interested in joining this course, or future events, please contact us. More training events will be announced as part of our Cyber SOC launch.
The BIG-IP Platform is a blend of software and hardware that’s a load balancer and a full proxy. It gives you the ability to control the traffic that passes through your network.
This training session is organised by The Cyber Academy with our strategic partner F5, as part of a Scottish Government funded initiative.
This is a unique opportunity to complete the first part of a saught after training that leads to professional certification. The F5 courses count towards your CPE credits if you are a CISSP.
Who is this course for:
- Network administrators
- Network operators
- IT Managers with an IT background
- ICT Managers with an IT background
- Other technical roles involved in networks and cyber security
What you will learn
What will you learn:
- Getting started with the BIG-IP system
- Traffic processing with BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM)
- Using the TMSH (TMOS Shell) command line interface
- Using NATs and SNATs
- Monitoring application health and managing object status
- Modifying traffic behavior with profiles, including SSL offload and re-encryption
- Modifying traffic behavior with persistence, including source address affinity and cookie persistence
- Troubleshooting the BIG-IP system, including logging (local, high-speed, and legacy remote logging), and using tcpdump
- User roles and administrative partitions
- vCMP concepts
- Customizing application delivery with iRules
What you will receive on completion of the course?
At the end of both classes, you will keep all the educational material and you will receive:
- An official Certificate of completion of the BIG-IP class by F5.
- A Certification of attendance and completion by The Cyber Academy/Edinburgh Napier University.
- There is parking space on the campus. Visitors are usually directed to Car Park A, but you will receive further confirmation upon registration. Please let us know in advance if you need parking space.
- The courses are available on two different dates.
- Please forward this page to anyone who might be interested in it.